Do you know what asthma is? Asthma is respiratory disease which is characterized by difficulty in breathing, congestion in chest, coughing and wheezing. In today’s lifestyle asthma is considerably increasing day by day. There are some factors like increase in pollution, excessive crowding and rapid industrialization responsible for asthma. Asthma affects all age groups from children to old aged people. It is caused by the narrowing, swelling and inflammation of airways. There are several factors which increase the risk of asthma likecommon cold, air pollution such as smoke, heavy emotional stress and preservatives added in beverages and foods and some medicines such as ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin can also be the cause of asthma. The symptoms of asthma can be managed with the help of Asthma herbal remedies.
As per Ayurveda, asthma is known as Swash Rog. The main cause of asthma in Ayurveda is vitiation of kapha dosha mainly Pranvayu combined with kapha dosha in the lungs results in obstruction of Pranavaha srotasa (Respiratory passage). This results in breathing problem and this condition is known as Swash Rog.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR ASTHMA:Due to modern lifestyle, increased pollution and allergen may increase the risk of asthma among any generation. Natural remedies, herbal or Ayurvedic medicines, diet and lifestyle are very helpful in this disorder. Asthma cannot be cured completely but with the help of natural remedies we can manage the symptoms of asthma. As per Ayurveda, Treatment mainly focuses on cause and management of symptoms that are associated with the disease.
Here are some natural remedies for asthma that can be used safely without any complications which are explained below:
HERBAL MEDICINES:There are number best fiends hack ios of herbal medicines which help to ease the symptoms of asthma. These medicines are free from side effects.
Some of the Asthma herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are explained below. These medicines are present in combo pack called “Asthma Care Pack” which are quite effective to manage the symptoms of asthma.
ALLER- G- CARE CAPSULES:Aller- g- care capsules are prepared from extract of different herbs — Haridra (Curcuma longa), Neem (Azadirachta simcity buildit hack tool indica), Shirish (Albezzia lebbock) and Ashwagandha (Withania sominifera).
BENEFITS – Herbs used in the formulation of these capsules are packed with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. These herbs help to ease the symptoms related to asthma like coughing, breathing problems, fatigue and wheezing.
DOSE — 1-2 capsules, twice daily after meals with water.
PRAANRAKSHAK CHURNA:It is one of the best herbal powder formulation of Planet Ayurveda that helps to manage the symptoms of respiratory disease like asthma, bronchial asthma and allergies. It is obtained from the blend of different herbs which are listed below:
* Shirish (Albezzia lebbock)
* Vasa(Adhatoda vasica)
* Anantmool(Tylphora asthmatica)
* Twak(Cinnnamomum zeylanica)
* Bharangi(Clerodandrum serratum)
* Kantkari(Solanum xanthocarpum)
* Mulethi(Glycyrrhiza glabra)BENEFITS – These herbs are known to very effective to manage the respiratory and lung infections. It helps to relieve the respiratory symptoms and it is best natural remedy for asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory infections.
DOSE- 1 teaspoonful twice daily or take 1 tsp. of the powder and boil in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. approximately. Then strain it and drink at room temperature. Try to make it fresh every day. Take it twice daily after breakfast and dinner.
TULSI CAPSULES:These are pure herbal capsules obtained from extract of Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum). It is also known as Holy Basil. Tulsi is very effective against respiratory illness and helps to balance overall respiratory system. It is also effective against various infections like cold, flu which may be causative factor of asthma.
DOSE: 2 capsules with water after meals.
There are different herbs used in Ayurveda that help to manage the symptoms of asthma and these herbs used in various herbal formulations. Some of the herbs are listed below:
* Haridra or Turmeric (Curcuma longa) — It is very well known to relieve asthmatic inflammation. It dilates blood vessels, relaxes muscles spasms, and improves air flow.
* NEEM (Azadirachta indica) — It helps to provide the relief from the chest congestion, shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing which are the major symptoms of asthma.
* Garlic (Allium sativum) – It has anti-inflammatory properties that provide relief from symptoms associated with asthma like shortness of breath, congestion in lungs, wheezing and coughing.
* Shunthi or Ginger (Zingiber officinale) – It reduces inflammation and improves the muscle relaxing effect of certain asthma drugs.
* Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) — It helps to provide relief from read here the symptoms associated with asthma like chest congestion and narrowing of air ways.
* Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) — It is very good natural remedy for asthma that helps to clear the air channels and provide relief in the asthmatic attacks. It also helps to reduce the inflammation of lung cells.HOME REMEDIES FOR ASTHMAThere are some home remedies which are beneficial along with herbal medicines that helps to manage the symptoms of asthma. Some of home remedies are given below:
* Ginger- Mix equal quantity of ginger juice and honey. Consume one tablespoon of this mixture two or three times a day.
* Eucalyptus Oil- Put two to three drops of eucalyptus oil in a pot of boiling water and breathe in the steam. Try to take deep breaths for faster results.
* Turmeric- Turmeric is also very beneficial to get relief from respiratory infections. Grind the turmeric root into fine powder and mix it with water and honey and consume it two times in a day.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE:Some of the dietary guidelines and lifestyle suggestions for asthma patients that may be beneficial along with herbal medicines which are given below:
* Consume pulses, kulattha, mung beans, arhar beans and wheat.
* Honey, drinks like herbal tea can be consumed.
* Avoid oily, greasy and fried food which are difficult to digest.
* Avoid cold foods, cold drinks and other refrigerated things.
* Avoid excessive and physical demanding exercise.
* Yoga and pranayama are beneficial.